[Slackbuilds-users] libs in /usr/local/lib

Nick Warne nick at linicks.net
Sun Mar 9 13:30:12 UTC 2014

On 09/03/14 13:19, Didier Spaier wrote:
> On 09/03/2014 13:36, Nick Warne wrote:
>> Using slackbuild dsniff (as an example), I find that slackbuild fails on ./configure as it thinks libnet is not installed.
>>
>> Now, not to confuse things, this is on my AMD64 running Slack 12.1 (no multilib) and I often build/install 'lesser used libs' into /usr/local/lib and run/update ldconfig on installation.
>>
>> I can configure dsniff by hand fine, all libs are found - but using the slack script, it doesn't find them...
>
> Alla SlackBuilds for libnet (there is none fo Salcakre 12.1) include this:
>
> elif [ "$ARCH" = "x86_64" ]; then
>     SLKCFLAGS="-O2 -fPIC"
>     LIBDIRSUFFIX="64"
>
> So this configure option:
> --libdir=/usr/lib${LIBDIRSUFFIX} \
> expands to:
> --libdir=/usr/lib64
>
> But there is no /usr/lib64 directory in Slackware 12.1.
>
> Could that be the issue?

I looked at that - forgot to say too that this was a Slamd64 distro
before Pat made the official 64bit build, so I do have a /usr/lib64 (for
years).

All those $VARS do in the build is where to install the package libs (if
you use it).

And it doesn't matter where the libs are installed to - the 'system'
knows they are there ref. ldconfig and a manual ./configure works...

As I say, I am beat on this one.

Nick
--
"A bug in the code is worth two in the documentation."
FSF Associate Member 5508