[Slackbuilds-users] Texlive-20130530 Build Errors

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Mar 21 22:10:43 UTC 2014

On Fri, 21 Mar 2014, David Spencer wrote:

> For example, my vanilla texlive has no directory '/usr/share/texmf-config'
> at all, so whatever you have in there (that your updmap is complaining
> about) is dodgy. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to
> clean up stuff until you get your manual invocation of updmap to run
> without asking a question. Only then can you expect the installpkg to
> complete properly. I'm done, basically...

David/Jim/et al.:

   So am I! There was a /usr/share/texmf-config left from the texlive2011
installation. So, just to start clean I deleted all tex* subdirectories from
/usr/share, then re-ran installpkg and ...

Package texlive-20130530-i486-2_SBo.tgz installed.
real	1m41.797s

   Thank you both so much for your time and effort on my behalf. It works now
just as it should.

   I suppose that if the texlive2011 did not need to be removed (which was
apparently done incompletely), the using upgradepkg rather than installpkg
would have cleaned up the texmf-config/ subdirectory.

   Your expertise on finding the problem(s) very much appreciated!

Carpe weekend,

Rich