[Slackbuilds-users] Build script for html2ps 1.0b7 is broken.

Kees Theunissen C.J.Theunissen at differ.nl
Thu Sep 11 07:34:56 UTC 2014

On Wed, 10 Sep 2014, Robby Workman wrote:

>What's different there that causes the second "return" to be unneeded,
>I wonder?  :/

I ran the Slackbuild on my workstation and that isn't a clean 14.1
installation. After the failure I should have checked this on
a clean system.

I have libwww-perl-6.08-x86_64-1_SBo installed and that causes one
of the questions in the install script to be skipped:

if($module{"LWP${dirsep}UserAgent.pm"}) {
    $pack .= "    libwww-perl: 1;\n";
} else {
    if(&exist("lynx",0)) {
        $lynx = 1;
        $lynxcmd = "lynx -source -mime_header";
        $getdef = $lynxcmd;
    }
    if(&exist("wget",0)) {
        $wget = 1;
        $ugcmd = "wget -s -q -O-";
        $getdef = $ugcmd;
    }
    $both = $wget && $lynx? " (for example '$ugcmd' or\n'$lynxcmd')": "";
    $none = $wget || $lynx? "":
           ", or press <return> to convert local files only";
    &getval($geturl, $getdef,
    "\nBy default html2ps uses libwww-perl to retrieve remote documents, "
    ."I cannot\nfind this on your system. You may instead use some command "
    ."that can retrieve\ndocuments _with_a_complete_MIME_header_$both\.\n"
    ."Enter such a command$none");
    $geturl = "/bin/true" if(!$geturl);
    $pack .= "    geturl: \"$geturl\";\n";
}

This build script is - in my opinion - too fragile. A script might fail
to build a package if it is running on an unclean system, but it should
never create an unusable package. I'll see if I can submit a patch to
dynamically create the list of answers to be supplied to the install
script. This might take a few days though.

Regards,

Kees Theunissen.

--
Kees Theunissen,  System and network manager,   Tel: +31 (0)30 6096724
Dutch Institute For Fundamental Energy Research (DIFFER)
e-mail address:   C.J.Theunissen at differ.nl
postal address:   PO Box 1207, 3430 BE Nieuwegein, NL
visitors address: Edisonbaan 14, 3439 MN Nieuwegein, NL