[Slackbuilds-users] Slackware package linter

Heinz Wiesinger pprkut at liwjatan.at
Thu Sep 25 21:20:10 UTC 2014

Hello everyone!

TL;DR: Slackware package linter available at https://github.com/pprkut/lintpkg

Over the past couple of weeks I've been working on an idea I got some years
ago at FOSDEM. Other distributions have tools available to check the
correctness of created packages, like rpmlint or lintian. Yet, while I'm sure
a lot of us have small helper scripts to check various things automatically on
created packages, there is no "formal" tool that would allow easy integration
into continuous integration systems or is particularly flexible in adding new
checks.

This is where lintpkg comes in. It's meant to be compatible to rpmlint, as
much as possible, so that it should be fairly easy to integrate into existing
CI systems that already support rpmlint. Of course, it's should still be easy
to use on the command line as well :)

Writing new checks for it should be quite simple. Basic information about that
is available on the project page on github.

Comments, patches, pull requests are very welcome :)

DISCLAIMER: This project is in no way affiliated with SlackBuilds.org. I'm
simply posting this here because I think SlackBuild maintainers (and
potentially also users) to be the biggest audience for such a tool.

Cheers,
Heinz