[Slackbuilds-users] Patches in `$PKG/usr/doc/$PRGNAM-$VERSION/`?

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 14:58:40 UTC 2015

> Thinking to a recent example that affected me, webkitgtk from ponce's repo
> is broken on it's own. The required libwebp package is not documented
> anywhere in/near the package. This is not ponce's fault, of course, since it
> was built with my script! :) I imagine this is difficult to solve for less
> experienced users, who may not know where the original script came from, or
> know/care to use ldd or other tools to find out what's missing.

you mean my packages repository? but that is for my personal use only. :-)
maybe you missed when it happened but I stated many times that if
anybody would like to use it either they solve dependencies with the
ones listed on SBo or use the repository as a whole: I don't provide
dependency resolution for it. ;-)
if instead you mean the script on git the webkitgtk.info file is the
same as on SBo.

regarding linking the tarball patches from debian it happened many
times in the past that the versioned tarball linked had been removed
fom their repository, breaking the download: that's the main reason
why I would prefer them to be included with the script.

Matteo