[Slackbuilds-users] Problems With Postfix: post-install line 504 and SASL type

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Feb 16 01:12:58 UTC 2015

On Sun, 15 Feb 2015, Mario Preksavec wrote:

>> postfix/postfix-script: fatal: Postfix integrity check failed!
  > Are you going to fix paths in your config files?

   The fatal message above is on lines 97-98 in postfix-script. According to
a 2008 thread on linuxquestions.org, the source should be identified by
running 'postfix check' and 'postsuper -sv'.

   'postfix check' returns nothing, which means (if my readings are accurate)
that there are no directory or permission errors.

   'postsuper -sv' returns:

postsuper: name_mask: ipv4
postsuper: inet_addr_local: configured 2 IPv4 addresses
postsuper: queue: defer
postsuper: queue: bounce
postsuper: queue: maildrop
postsuper: queue: incoming
postsuper: queue: active
postsuper: queue: deferred
postsuper: queue: hold
postsuper: queue: flush

and I do not see an indication of what might be missing. The -s option
performs structure checks and repairs; the -v option enables verbose
logging.

   My Web searches do not find what paths in main.cf might need fixing in
2.11.4 but not in 2.11.3.

   Guess I need to install 2.11.4 and run 'postfix check' and 'postsuper -sv'
since there's nothing found out of whack on 2.11.3. That'll need to wait for
tomorrow evening.

Rich