[Slackbuilds-users] Problems With Postfix: post-install line 504 and SASL type

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Feb 16 03:34:10 UTC 2015

On Sun, 15 Feb 2015, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  Guess I need to install 2.11.4 and run 'postfix check' and 'postsuper -sv'

   postfix-2.11.4: added double quotes to /usr/libexec/postfix/post-install
line 504 "$path".

postfix check
postsuper: fatal: scan_dir_push: open directory defer: Permission denied

postsuper -sv
postsuper: name_mask: ipv4
postsuper: inet_addr_local: configured 2 IPv4 addresses
postsuper: queue: defer
postsuper: fatal: scan_dir_push: open directory defer: Permission denied

   Found a linuxquestions.org thread for the fatal error:
<http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-server-73/help-postsuper-fatal-scan_dir_push-open-directory-defer-permission-denied-924086/>
However, changing owner of /var/spool/postfix to postfix and the perms to
644 did not resolve the problem. Changed back to owner root and perms 755.

   Rebuilt and reinstalled -2.11.3. postfix check finds no issues; postsuper
-sv lists all queues and no issues.

   I'm stymied and need help to fix the quotes, the above error on 2.11.4,
and getting dovecot working in lieu of cyrus.

Rich