[Slackbuilds-users] Problems With Postfix: post-install line 504 and SASL type [FIXED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Feb 16 15:29:32 UTC 2015

On Mon, 16 Feb 2015, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  So, now that I have successfully upgraded in the 2.11.x series the need
> remains to 1) have $path correctly quoted in post-install and 2) use dovecot
> SASL rather than Cyrus SASL. Perhaps the latter is affected by the broken
> directories in main.cf. I'll make time to test this Real Soon Now.

   I became impatient. Rebuilding 2.11.4 with dovecot succeeded.

   Looking at postfix.SlackBuild I see no indication that the hard coding of
version numbers in the html and doc directories in main.cf, nor indications
that the unquoted "$path" in line 504 of /usr/libexec/postfix/post-install
come from this script. I'll report this on the postfix mail list.

Thank you Mario, Rob0, and netrixtardis!

Rich