[Slackbuilds-users] Problems With Postfix: post-install line 504 and SASL type

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Feb 16 14:22:42 UTC 2015

On Mon, 16 Feb 2015, netrixtardis wrote:

> I have come across your issue when I have the following 2 lines in main.cf:
>
> #html_directory = /usr/doc/postfix-2.11.0/html
> #readme_directory = /usr/doc/postfix-2.11.0/README_FILES
>
> I have them currently commented out, however what I have found is that
> during the post-install, the postfix-script tried to make sure you have
> a sane main.cf.  With these 2 lines showing hard coded path, you will
> have an error against the version you are installing.  I figured this
> out around the time of my upgrade to 2.11.0, which is why I haven't
> update them.  The fix would be to not hard code the version, or to
> update the lines prior to your update.

   WOW! Yes, commenting out those two lines at the bottom of main.cf permits
the upgrade from 2.11.3 to 2.11.4. Amazing that the version numbers are
hard-coded in main.cf.

   I suspect that hard-coding occurred in 2.11.0 or 2.11.1 because that's
also when the unquoted variable, $path, showed up as an issue.

   So, now that I have successfully upgraded in the 2.11.x series the need
remains to 1) have $path correctly quoted in post-install and 2) use dovecot
SASL rather than Cyrus SASL. Perhaps the latter is affected by the broken
directories in main.cf. I'll make time to test this Real Soon Now.

Thanks very much!

Rich