[Slackbuilds-users] wxPython-3.0.2.0 Available

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jan 12 20:49:28 UTC 2015

On Mon, 12 Jan 2015, Heinz Wiesinger wrote:

> Now one year has passed since wxPython 3.0 and nothing really changed. As
> far as I'm concerned, I don't mind waiting a while longer.

   FWIW, I've used wxPython-3.0.1.1 with Python-2.7.5 just fine. I expect
that wxPython-3.0.2.0 will continue working just fine with Python-2.x.

   Robin and crew separated 'classic' wxPython into the new 'phoenix' branch.
I think that 'phoenix' works with both Python-2 and Python-3, but since it
does not yet have all the 'classic' widgets implemented I've not tried it.

   And I agree with you, Heinz, that wxGTK and wxPython have become very
confusing.

Rich