[Slackbuilds-users] movgrab

MrAlk3 mralk3 at exitstatusone.com
Mon Jul 27 17:45:12 UTC 2015

Hello,

Is there some way to search through the SlackBuilds repository and
identify scripts that require an update?

I am interested in taking on a larger load of SlackBuilds as a
maintainer.  I am just a bit concerned about how I would go about
keeping track of when the upstream sources are updated so that I can
update the SlackBuild.

I am not worried about whether I do or do not use the SlackBuild.  I am
happy to update / maintain such software.

On 07/27/2015 09:52 AM, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:
> This is my opinion as a maintainer, not as an admin :)
>
> It's the maintainer's job to make sure a package is working well because
> normal people will not care about who's updating it and they rarely see
> cgit interface to see the history. All they see is the individual files
> or tarball from our website if they use automatic tool.
> if they found any problem, they will contact the maintainer's first, not
> the last person updating them.
>
> my suggestion is to follow the guidelines.
> Contact the maintainer and if no response in reasonable time, feel free
> to take over maintainership.
> If you are a maintainer and no longer wanted to keep the package or
> probably having no time to update or even worse, no longer use
> Slackware, please let others know in this mailing list so others can
> take over.

Thanks,
Brent