[Slackbuilds-users] movgrab

korgman korgie at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 22:55:00 UTC 2015

On 27/07/2015 08:45 μμ, MrAlk3 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there some way to search through the SlackBuilds repository and identify scripts that require an update?
>
> I am interested in taking on a larger load of SlackBuilds as a maintainer.  I am just a bit concerned about how I would go about keeping track of when the upstream sources are updated so that I can update the SlackBuild.

I do it manually. Review it before used it, and you need sbopkg installed and synced.
http://clavisound.no-ip.info/tgz/checkformySBoupdates.clv

start with 'checkformySBoupdated.clv audio/kid3'

The reason I added audio/ is to be faster. I suppose in modern system is useless. You can modify the script to accept only kid3. In fact, the script - if you missed the folder part - it helps you.

I have a list like this on a file
audio/kid3
audio/qmmp3 <--- oops I have to updated qmmp :)
e.t.c.

So I run the script with 'checkformySBoupdated.clv mySBo.list'

If it's a big list don't run it with firefox open. It will open all the tabs.

Now in console you will see the SBo version (you have to sync first with sbopkg) and then the firefox will open in HOMEPAGE.

Script is pretty basic as you can see. I think the best way to update a software is to use it. I update youtube-dl and flash because I used it more often. On the other hand, I don't update lilypond because at some time a bug was annoying to my work. So I stuck to a version that works for me.