[Slackbuilds-users] Bug in nvidia-driver slackbuild?

King Beowulf kingbeowulf at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 14:59:59 UTC 2016

On 04/14/2016 02:32 AM, Matteo Bernardini wrote:
>> Are you using 14.1 slackbuild (version 352.63) or the experimental 14.2
>> SBo master branch - which i don't think is updated to the new driver yet
>> - or the experimental version 361.42 I posted to this list as a link to
>> a download location?
>
> on SBo's master branch are available the versions also present here
>
> http://www.koenigcomputers.com/sbo-testing/14.2/system/
>
> https://slackbuilds.org/cgit/slackbuilds/commit/?id=630b42da82e1e27a78739faabcb2d7dcd6efc77b
>
> I'll grab the occasion to reporta that there seems to be an issue with
> libGL linking to the libnvidia-tls library and not finding it (because
> it has been moved in a subdirectory?): this seems to manifest whenever
> building anything linking to libGL in a host with these latest drivers
> installed.
>
> Matteo

There are 2 versions of libnvidia-tls included in the nvidia proprietary
blob.  In the past, tls/libnvidia-tls was the one to use with Slackware.
 However something changed.  For some programs, compile will fail where
libGL can't find libnvidia-tls.

there are two "libnvidia-tls" threading models, one in root of package
and another in tls/.  Issue seems to be wth use of tls/libnvidia-tls not
being correct.  There is a tool "tls_test" but I don't know what the
exit codes mean.

As a temporary fix, I added the one in packages root to
/usr/lib$LIBDIRSUFFIX and the one in tls/ to /usr/lib$LIBDIRSUFFIX/tls

but I don't think that is correct, so I haven't posted it yet.

-Ed