[Slackbuilds-users] Are new submission accepted yet?

Rob McGee rob0 at slackbuilds.org
Wed Aug 10 17:35:18 UTC 2016

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 09:51:40AM +0100, Sebastian Arcus wrote:
> On 09/08/16 15:56, Matteo Bernardini wrote:
> >>I've searched the list messages over the last few weeks but can't
> >>figure the answer. Is SBo open to new submissions yet - or there
> >>will be no more new stuff until next version of Slackware, or how
> >>does it work? As some of you know I've helped prepare the Navit
> >>SBo scripts, but that was just before 14.2 was released so I was
> >>told to hold fire. When should I submit it?
> >
> >maybe you missed Willy's message on july 24th
> >
> >https://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/2016-July/016643.html
>
> I certainly did - thank you for that! I confess I can't manage to
> read all the messages on the list - so I just did a search by
> subject. Thank you again for pointing it out.

Do we need an announcement list?

If we had it I don't think it should include routine announcements
like updates ... we would want something useful to people like
Sebastian, with no more than a few posts per year.  When submissions
close, when they open, any major changes, ...

Is that a good idea?  I'm not convinced that it is, myself, because
we also have IRC, and the /topic has this information.

Also, the submission form itself would have been another way to find
out.  :)
    Rob McGee - /dev/rob0 - rob0 at slackbuilds.org