[Slackbuilds-users] My new submission was rejected by mx.partnerconsole.net

Duncan Roe duncan_roe at acslink.net.au
Tue Aug 23 03:16:45 UTC 2016

On Sun, Aug 21, 2016 at 04:03:07PM +1000, Christoph Willing wrote:
> On 21/08/16 13:01, Duncan Roe wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On trying to upload a new package, I received
> >
> > > duncan_roe at acslink.net.au was rejected by mx.partnerconsole.net.
> >
> > but that's my subscribed address. What's happening?
>
> Pointing a browser at acslink.net.au produces a page from netregistry.com.au
> saying:
>
> "acslink.net.au is a parked domain
>
> The owner of this domain has yet to point it to a website or online content.
> This means that the domain is parked."
> (then more related stuff)
>
> Also,
>     whois acslink.net.au
> shows that ns{1-3}.partnerconsole.net are DNS servers for that domain.
> Therefore rejection by mx.partnerconsole.net would imply some problem with
> the registration or configuration of the domain.
>
> chris

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply.

The "parked domain" stuff is OK I think. acslink.net.au is exclusively for
email, no need for any web content.

The output from "whois" is correct AFAICS. I never tried that command before -
thanks for mentioning it.

The thing that puzzles me is: the MX records for acslink.net.au point to
partnerconsole.net but email headers always show mail coming via
netregistry.net.

I am raising a ticket with the domain owner,

Cheers ... Duncan.