[Slackbuilds-users] Call for Bug Fixes, Patches, etc

Erik Hanson erik at slackbuilds.org
Mon Mar 14 20:48:55 UTC 2016

On Mon, 14 Mar 2016 16:04:50 -0300
Luis Cavalheiro <pessoal at profcavalheiro.com> wrote:

> Indeed it should be
>
> -execdir chmod 755 {} \;
>
> ...at end of command line. I was fast typing and I did this little
> mistake. As said, command will stop in error in "-print0 | xargs -0"
> form if no matching file is provided. Plus, since the sole function
> of this piped xargs is chmod, it is an uneeded complexity since
> -execdir does the same.

It seems a switch from -exec to -execdir would be a good idea. I'd
support it, but I was hoping someone would run some benchmarks to see
if the benefit is worth it. MAME is a good target.

That said, and assuming other admins are in agreement, this change
would target the template only. That means we'd allow new submissions
with it but would not be doing any sort of global change to the repo.
That doesn't seem very viable to me.

And again, would love input from other admins. I don't really wish to
be a sole arbiter here. Dissent is welcome :)

--
Erik