[Slackbuilds-users] Epson packages for 14.2

Brian Lemin slackware at lemintown.eu
Sat May 28 12:54:29 UTC 2016

Greetings all,

I recently acquired a fairly recent Epson printer/scanner and found that
our beloved slackware might need some updates to properly support the
latest Epson products.

epson-inkjet-printer-escpr:

Currently 1.4.5 in sbo 14.1
I have tested the 1.6.5 package on current and it works fine until now.
https://download3.ebz.epson.net/dsc/f/03/00/04/54/27/b73564748bfde7b7ce625e20d4a3257d447bec79/epson-inkjet-printer-escpr-1.6.5-1lsb3.2.tar.gz
The 14.1 slackbuild script works fine if you remove "./bootstrap".

iscan:

Currently v2 in sbo 14.1
I believe it has been replaced with v3 by a new package named "imagescan"
old: http://support.epson.net/linux/src/scanner/iscan/
new: http://support.epson.net/linux/src/scanner/imagescanv3/
I am in the process of testing this but I would like to know if someone
has started to work on this already

The readme reads:
Utsushi - Next Generation Image Acquisition
Copyright (C) 2012-2016  SEIKO EPSON CORPORATION

Regards