[Slackbuilds-users] libdv: a problem and a possible fix

Luiz Carlos Ramos lramos.prof at yahoo.com.br
Sat May 28 14:09:27 UTC 2016

On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 07:12:36PM +0200, Matteo Bernardini wrote:

> >> Hi Luiz
> >>
> >> May i know which Slackware version do you use ?
> >> 14.1 or current?
> >>

> > 14.1, with a different kernel as mentioned above (3.16.3).
>
> Hi Luiz,
>
> I just tried building libdv on slackware-14.1 and slackware64-14.1 and
> in either case the build process just bypass that header

> checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
> checking linux/videodev.h usability... no
> checking linux/videodev.h presence... no
> checking for linux/videodev.h... no
> checking sys/soundcard.h usability... yes
>
> libdv hasn't been updated since ten years and that header was part of
> the old v4l, that unfortunately isn't available anymore.
>
> the best solution, IMHO, is to left it as-is, ignoring support for v4l
> devices in libdv.
>
> Matteo

Yes, Matteo, I've double check my installation and videodev.h seem like a
trash left there after some experiments (possibly with an older version of
skype).

Even I'm satisfied with the build with videodev.h, I agree with you
that it's better to leave as it is, that is, with videodev2.h.

Thanks,

Luiz