[Slackbuilds-users] fakeroot, po4a

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Wed Nov 2 15:43:30 UTC 2016

Le 02/11/2016 à 12:47, Andrzej Telszewski a écrit :
> On 02/11/16 12:42, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:
>>> @Willy, I'm going to implement it the way B Watson suggested, i.e. if
>>> po4a is installed, the docs will get translated and passing MANPO=no
>>> will prevent translation even if po4a is installed. This should not
>>> affect the current users.
>>>
>>> Question: should I increase the BUILD number?
>>
>> if the changes is critical so that users who uses automatic tools will
>> notice it and rebuilt, it's better to bump the BUILD number, otherwise
>> leave it as it is.
>>

> In the worst case scenario, they would lose translated man pages.
> I don't see it as critical and so I'm gonna leave BUILD as is.

Not an answer, but though I be a happy user of fakeroot I must remind
that in some cases it's unusable, see e.g. the other thread about po4a
that I maintain. Another example that comes to mind is blackbox:
The SlackBuild installs stuff directly in the host system to allow
building bbkeys just after blackbox. Better chroot to a build system or
do that in a VM ;)

Incidentally and as a reminder, calling makepkg with its full path in
the SlackBuild is necessary for "fakeroot sh maypackage.SlackBuild."
to succeed.

Have a good day,

Didier