[Slackbuilds-users] fakeroot, po4a

Andrzej Telszewski atelszewski at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 15:23:14 UTC 2016

On 02/11/16 16:43, Didier Spaier wrote:
> Not an answer, but though I be a happy user of fakeroot I must remind
> that in some cases it's unusable, see e.g. the other thread about po4a
> that I maintain. Another example that comes to mind is blackbox:
> The SlackBuild installs stuff directly in the host system to allow
> building bbkeys just after blackbox. Better chroot to a build system or
> do that in a VM ;)

Continuing being OOT, I had a play with fakeroot, but in the end decided
not to use it for building packages.

slackrepo (it is yours, isn't it?) in VM is my way to go.
And BTW, I noticed there are multiple packages that write outside of
build directories, if I recall correctly, mostly Python related stuff.
Well, slackrepo noticed that ;-) Very nice feature.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Telszewski