[Slackbuilds-users] OPTIONAL field [was: qemu/spice-gtk and usbredir]

Andrzej Telszewski atelszewski at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 12:14:57 UTC 2016

On 05/11/16 13:00, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:
> I personally don't see real benefit of doing it since everything is
> working fine with current README/REQUIRES.

I mentioned the real benefit previously, that is easier and faster
navigation through the website.

> Second problem is about maintainer's willingness to check EVERY optional
> dependencies and make sure it stays to build fine under ALL possible
> combinations. Do they have to track every one of them?

We are doing this already, for better or worse.

What we mean is to make the data accessible and possible to parse by
machines.
There are going to be mistakes, as there are now.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Telszewski