[Slackbuilds-users] OPTIONAL field [was: qemu/spice-gtk and usbredir]

Daniel Prosser dpross1100 at msn.com
Sat Nov 5 12:59:53 UTC 2016

I like David's suggestion of making sure we know exactly what problem is
going to be solved by this and how much work is going to be needed
before deciding to go ahead and do it (i.e., looking through all the
SlackBuilds and keeping track of all the different ways optional
dependencies are handled, and then making a decision). If this is too
complicated to be included in the automated tools without programming in
handling for a ton of possible permutations and edge cases, which I
think it might be, and there is not another significant benefit to it,
then there's no point in doing in. If, on the other hand, it does make
life better for the users and maintainers, then it might be worth it.
But that needs to be determined first.

Dan