[Slackbuilds-users] OPTIONAL field [was: qemu/spice-gtk and usbredir]

Andrzej Telszewski atelszewski at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 12:45:33 UTC 2016

On 05/11/16 13:32, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:
>> I mentioned the real benefit previously, that is easier and faster
>> navigation through the website.
>
> I personally don't see a real benefit if it's just easier and faster
> navigation through website.
>
> suppose you are suggesting to work on a CI (continuous integration) for
> SBo, then i (and probably other admins) will be interested since it
> really helped us to test and make sure all scripts are working fine.

I've been thinking about CI too.
But hey, let's make the life better for both, the users and maintainers,
at the same time.

>> We are doing this already, for better or worse.
>
> Have you count active maintainers vs non-active maintainers out there?
> take a simple example, i486->i586 migration. Out of 5800+ scripts out
> there, 3800+ are still in i486 after few months since 14.2 branch is
> released and i tried to stick with weekly public update.

This is hard to say, but yes, if time allows, I'm here to help ;-)
I have small experience in writing PHP extension in C (on a plus side it
is used in real world commercial application).

I could also help with some script conversions, if that would help.
You can tell what you need and I can tell what I can give.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Telszewski