[Slackbuilds-users] sbosubmit: SlackBuilds.org command line submission tool

Andrzej Telszewski atelszewski at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 11:07:27 UTC 2016

On 28/09/16 04:39, Jeremy Hansen wrote:
> Has there been any thought to add a tarball detection to the script to
> prevent accidental source uploading? While many tarballs are larger than
> 1MB and will get flagged by your side limit, not all are, and for those
> who keep the actual source in the slackbuild's directory may
> accidentally upload that to SBo.

I've been thinking about that, primarily for the purpose of ensuring
correct MD5 sums in the info file. Then, if I had the tarball name, it
would be easy to skip adding it to the submission archive.
Unfortunately, determining the source code tarball name does not look
like an obvious task. Still, I might try to do it one day.

Anyways, I know it's not the solution you asked for, but sbosubmit list
the submission archive contents before the actual submission happens.
So you can visually inspect the submission archive for the presence of
any unwanted files.
I used to do it before I created sbosubmit, that is I was looking inside
the tarred SlackBuild directory, to see if there aren't any problematic
files.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Telszewski