[Slackbuilds-users] Cron file included with clamav-unofficial-sigs seems broken/incompatible with Slackware

Franzen slackbuilds at schoepfer.info
Wed Oct 19 13:41:38 UTC 2016

On 19.10.2016 12:17, Sebastian Arcus wrote:
> On 19/10/16 10:59, Franzen wrote:
>> On 19.10.2016 11:42, Sebastian Arcus wrote:
>>> The clamav-unofficial-sigs.cron crond crontab file included with
>>> clamav-unofficial-sigs seems to be incompatible with the version of Cron
>>> used on Slackware. It uses the extra field for the username (clamav)
>>> which seems to break things on Slackware. I've just noticed this on
>>> several clamav installs which were months out of date, as the cron file
>>> never worked. Also, I'm not sure the "/bin/bash" bit on the crontab line
>>> is needed - as it works fine for me without it.
>>
>> /usr/bin/clamav-unofficial-sigs.sh has to be excuted as user clamav, i
>> suggest to don't use the cron-script from upstream, but put the
>> following in /var/spool/cron/crontabs/clamav:
>> 12 * * * * /usr/bin/clamav-unofficial-sigs.sh
>
> I can't really make sense of what is going on here - because the
> clamav-unofficial-sigs.cron file is included in the
> clamav-unofficial-sigs.tar.gz - but looking at its contents, it should
> be part of the sources, as it comes from upstream. Same with the
> logrotate and the man files. Why are they included in the SBo scripts
> archive?

The cron-file and logrotate-file come from upstream, they are generated by
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/extremeshok/clamav-unofficial-sigs/master/clamav-unofficial-sigs.sh,
by the --install-all option. I assume the packager exracted the files
because he didn't wan't to use the --install-all option for the package.
As this package depends on clamav, which has also logrotate-script
starting with
/var/log/clamav/*.log {
,logrotate will complain about double configuration, so you don't need
this logrotate at all.
The best the you can do, is to fix the SlackBuild and propose it to the
maintainer.

Johannes