[Slackbuilds-users] Cron file included with clamav-unofficial-sigs seems broken/incompatible with Slackware

Nishant Limbachia nishant at mnspace.net
Wed Oct 19 20:26:32 UTC 2016

On 10/19/2016 08:41 AM, Franzen wrote:
> On 19.10.2016 12:17, Sebastian Arcus wrote:
Cron

>>> /usr/bin/clamav-unofficial-sigs.sh has to be excuted as user clamav, i
>>> suggest to don't use the cron-script from upstream, but put the
>>> following in /var/spool/cron/crontabs/clamav:
>>> 12 * * * * /usr/bin/clamav-unofficial-sigs.sh
>>
>> I can't really make sense of what is going on here - because the
>> clamav-unofficial-sigs.cron file is included in the
>> clamav-unofficial-sigs.tar.gz - but looking at its contents, it should
>> be part of the sources, as it comes from upstream. Same with the
>> logrotate and the man files. Why are they included in the SBo scripts
>> archive?
>
> The cron-file and logrotate-file come from upstream, they are generated by

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/extremeshok/clamav-unofficial-sigs/master/clamav-unofficial-sigs.sh,
by the --install-all option. I assume the packager exracted the files
because he didn't wan't to use the --install-all option for the package.
> As this package depends on clamav, which has also logrotate-script
starting with
> /var/log/clamav/*.log {
> ,logrotate will complain about double configuration, so you don't need
this logrotate at all.
> The best the you can do, is to fix the SlackBuild and propose it to
the maintainer.

> Johannes

I'm the maintainer for clamav-unofficial-sigs. logrotate and cron script
are provided within the clamav-unofficial-sigs.sh script and upstream
expects each user to use --install-all to generate those two.  With
SlackBuild, we shouldn't expect the user to do one additional step after
install to actually use the package.  So with every new version, I
extract logrotate and cron script first and provide them as part of
SlackBuild.

As far as using upstream cron script is concerned, my intent was to
provide a script in DOCS so builders will take it as an example and not
simply copy and use the script in cron.  You can roll your own or modify
upstream script as you see fit.

Here's my crontab (root)

# Run clamav-unofficial-sigs script
6 * * * * /usr/bin/bash /usr/bin/clamav-unofficial-sigs.sh > /dev/null

I can provide my script as an example which would again go in DOCS and
not anywhere else.

Thanks,

- --
Nishant Limbachia
nishant at mnspace.net
### Please note the new pgp keys
Old GPG Key: 0x0FF9D6D5 (expiring soon)
Old GPG Fingerprint: CC77 2954 DBDD CA46 49D5 BC90 786E 5DA2 0FF9 D6D5
New GPG Key: 0x3D46A2D1
New GPG Fingerprint: 44D1 27CE D07F 2ED1 B4AD 2BEE A828 D6D6 3D46 A2D1