[Slackbuilds-users] goffice build script not finding installed library [UPDATE]

Andreas Guldstrand andreas.guldstrand at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 13:11:56 UTC 2017

Den 21 aug. 2017 1:50 fm skrev "Rich Shepard" <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com>:

On Mon, 21 Aug 2017, Andreas Guldstrand wrote:

The /usr/local/lib/perl5/auto/List/Util/Util.so problem is likely because
> you installed something via CPAN and then upgraded your perl version. It's
> recommended not to do that.

Andreas,

  That could very well be the case. I've no idea when or why Util.so was
installed. I don't use perl, but many applications do.

  The perl5 version was upgraded yesterday when I did the distribution
upgrade. I'm not familiar enough with perl to know how to remove a shared
library and re-install it from the distribution. Can you point me in the
right direction?

Since it's located in /usr/local it means it was never ever a part of a
Slackware or SBo package. You must have installed it from CPAN directly
yourself. The only way to solve it is to delete it entirely and remember
not to do that again.