[Slackbuilds-users] DOWNLOAD_arm

Ythogtha yth at ythogtha.org
Tue Dec 5 14:54:17 UTC 2017

> Hello,
>
> The vivaldi SlackBuild works by repackaging the deb-packages (since
> vivaldi is a closed source browser), so in the .info-file DOWNLOAD
> points to the 32-bit deb and DOWNLOAD_x86_64 points to the 64-bit deb.
>
> Now there appeared one more deb: for arm.  Is there any way to list it
> in the .info-file?  Something like DOWNLOAD_arm?

	This is also the case for the syncthing slackbuild, which could be used
for building the arm package.
I added a DOWNLOAD_ARM line in the .info, and allowed for FARCH=arm in the
slackbuild and it builds fine.
I, though, never came round to asking this question, so thank you :)

	My opinion : ARM is not officially supported by slackbuilds, but many
of them are currently working.
Allowing - just allowing - for DOWNLOAD_ARM (or even DOWNLOAD_ARM64) in the .info
file shouldn't disrupt anything.
And ARM portability is always a good thing.

--
Arnaud <yth at ythogtha.org>