[Slackbuilds-users] DOWNLOAD_arm

Klaatu klaatu at member.fsf.org
Tue Dec 5 23:03:56 UTC 2017

On 12/06/2017 03:54 AM, Ythogtha wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> The vivaldi SlackBuild works by repackaging the deb-packages (since
>> vivaldi is a closed source browser), so in the .info-file DOWNLOAD
>> points to the 32-bit deb and DOWNLOAD_x86_64 points to the 64-bit deb.
>>
>> Now there appeared one more deb: for arm.  Is there any way to list it
>> in the .info-file?  Something like DOWNLOAD_arm?
>>

> 	This is also the case for the syncthing slackbuild, which could be used
> for building the arm package.
> I added a DOWNLOAD_ARM line in the .info, and allowed for FARCH=arm in the
> slackbuild and it builds fine.
> I, though, never came round to asking this question, so thank you :)
>
> 	My opinion : ARM is not officially supported by slackbuilds, but many
> of them are currently working.
> Allowing - just allowing - for DOWNLOAD_ARM (or even DOWNLOAD_ARM64) in the .info
> file shouldn't disrupt anything.
> And ARM portability is always a good thing.

Possibly tangential to the actual topic, but according to this:

https://vivaldi.com/source/

Vivaldi is an open source browser. Is there something I'm missing?

To be clear; I don't mind the way Vivaldi is being packaged, I'm just
curious if somebody knows something about its source code that I don't.

Cheers,

Klaatu