[Slackbuilds-users] Problems with libev source

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 22:27:41 UTC 2017

On 12/24/17, Daniel Prosser <dpross1100 at msn.com> wrote:
> Could this compression also happen when it's downloaded through the browser?
> Because I tried that and had the same problem.

Yes, but that's a lost battle already: it's been established for many
years that browsers do whatever they want to downloaded files... which
is why most of us use wget for source downloads. Now wget is acting like
the browsers do, and that's definitely a bad thing & something that can &
should be fixed before it becomes an established fact of life.