[Slackbuilds-users] About VLC

Christoph Willing chris.willing at iinet.net.au
Sun Feb 5 02:13:17 UTC 2017

On 05/02/17 10:05, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:
>> The quick & dirty method is to apply the attached patch, then add:
>>     --enable-qt=4 \
>> to the configure options.
>
> That did the trick :)
> it built nicely here

Thanks for the confirmation Willy.

Before I submit, I'm investigating whether the SlackBuild could
optionally set --enable-qt=5. It works for the configuration step
(appears to find correct version Qt libraries) but I had a problem
during compilation. Before trying again I'm rebuilding my qt5 packages,
then look at it a bit more deeply.

In the meantime, anyone seeing the original problem (vlc not building in
presence of qt5) could patch & configure just as you have done.

chris