[Slackbuilds-users] About VLC

Christoph Willing chris.willing at iinet.net.au
Sun Feb 5 21:57:29 UTC 2017

On 05/02/17 12:13, Christoph Willing wrote:
> On 05/02/17 10:05, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:
>>> The quick & dirty method is to apply the attached patch, then add:
>>>     --enable-qt=4 \
>>> to the configure options.
>>
>> That did the trick :)
>> it built nicely here
>>
> Thanks for the confirmation Willy.
>
> Before I submit, I'm investigating whether the SlackBuild could
> optionally set --enable-qt=5. It works for the configuration step
> (appears to find correct version Qt libraries) but I had a problem
> during compilation. Before trying again I'm rebuilding my qt5 packages,
> then look at it a bit more deeply.
>
> In the meantime, anyone seeing the original problem (vlc not building in
> presence of qt5) could patch & configure just as you have done.

The change to force use of Qt4 has been pushed and should appear in the
next round of updates. Thanks for raising the build problem when Qt5 is
already installed.

Use of Qt5 instead of Qt4 doesn't seem possible with the currently
released code. It works with the newer vlc-3 but that isn't officially
released yet and requires a more recent version of ffmpeg to be useful.

chris