[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20170204.1

Nicolas Kovacs info at microlinux.fr
Sun Feb 5 06:38:26 UTC 2017

Le 05/02/2017 à 03:54, Arthur W. Green a écrit :
> I believe he already does this, and I believe his only motivation for
> taking this to The List is because he believed his suggestion a useful
> one--I don't agree with implication that he has a conflict of interest.

Exactly. Though I have to confess that the idea of sleeping late every
morning, selling a handful of SlackBuild scripts on the black market and
then spending the rest of the day counting my money in the basement
sounds appealing. :o)

> As a "casual user" who has gotten stung a few times by dot zero LO
> releases, I've perhaps a more rudimentary approach: I let the maintainer
> (in this case, Willy) upgrade as often as he wishes, and I simply avoid
> dot zero releases and others that seem too "fresh" for their own good.
> Yes, I prefer stability, but I believe it's ultimately my responsibility
> to read the release notes and make the determination to upgrade or not.
> Having more updates is therefore better than too few, imho.

+1

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Web  : http://www.microlinux.fr