[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20170204.1

Arthur W. Green awg at posteo.us
Sun Feb 5 02:54:49 UTC 2017

On 04/02/17 12:00, "Ryan P.C. McQuen" <ryanpcmcquen at member.fsf.org wrote:
> SBo is not for your 'clients'. If you want to profit off of this, roll
> up your sleeves and make your own build.

I believe he already does this, and I believe his only motivation for
taking this to The List is because he believed his suggestion a useful
one--I don't agree with implication that he has a conflict of interest.

As a "casual user" who has gotten stung a few times by dot zero LO
releases, I've perhaps a more rudimentary approach: I let the maintainer
(in this case, Willy) upgrade as often as he wishes, and I simply avoid
dot zero releases and others that seem too "fresh" for their own good.
Yes, I prefer stability, but I believe it's ultimately my responsibility
to read the release notes and make the determination to upgrade or not.
Having more updates is therefore better than too few, imho.

\\ Arthur