[Slackbuilds-users] Problems building neofetch

Eduardo Sanchez sombragris at sombragris.org
Tue Feb 7 10:38:00 UTC 2017

Using Slack64-current but this is something that could be seen in any
Slack version.

After last Saturday (Feb 04 2017) updates, neofetch cannot be built.

This is because there is a mismatch between the version number of the
software (3.0.1) and the tarball itself (3.0).

I worked around this by editing the SlackBuild. My changes/additions
are marked as (+++). I added a new variable $TARID:

> PRGNAM=neofetch
> VERSION=${VERSION:-3.0.1}
> BUILD=${BUILD:-1}
> TAG=${TAG:-_SBo}
> +++ TARID=${TARID:-3.0}

And then modifying the tarball extraction line:

> rm -rf $PKG
> mkdir -p $TMP $PKG $OUTPUT
> cd $TMP
> rm -rf $PRGNAM-$VERSION
> +++ tar xvf $CWD/$PRGNAM-$TARID.tar.?z*
> cd $PRGNAM-$VERSION
> chmod 644 $DOCS

And that's it.

Please don't ask me to submit a patch. The patch
commandline syntax is something I cannot master no matter how much I
try. ;)

Regards,

Eduardo
--
Eduardo Sánchez Gauto, Abog., Th.M.
Abogado - Traductor Público Matriculado Inglés - Español