[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20161231.1

Audrius Kažukauskas audrius at neutrino.lt
Mon Jan 2 17:37:46 UTC 2017

On Mon, 2017-01-02 at 01:16:32 +0100, Andrzej Telszewski wrote:
> Maybe slackrepo does not allow to download something needed by the Python
> install script.

I don't know slackrepo well enough, but this seems likely.

> But it shouldn't be downloaded in the first place.
>
> I don't know enough about Python installation scripts to say the final word.

borgbackup's setup.py contains the following line:

  setup_requires=['setuptools_scm>=1.7'],

Thus setuptools_scm should really be a requirement for borgbackup.

setuptools documentation has this description of setup_requires field:

  A string or list of strings specifying what other distributions need
  to be present in order for the setup script to run.  setuptools will
  attempt to obtain these (even going so far as to download them using
  EasyInstall) before processing the rest of the setup script or
  commands. <...>

This explains why the build succeeded for Willy and, if slackrepo does
indeed disable network access, why it didn't for you.

--
Audrius Kažukauskas
http://neutrino.lt/