[Slackbuilds-users] Updates - 20170701.1 youtube-dl

Audrius Kažukauskas audrius at neutrino.lt
Sun Jul 2 10:51:13 UTC 2017

On Sat, 2017-07-01 at 22:19:39 +0200, Andrzej Telszewski wrote:
> On 01/07/17 03:11, Willy Sudiarto Raharjo wrote:
> > network/youtube-dl: Updated for version 2017.06.25.
>
> I'm facing the same download error as I mentioned previously regarding
> youtube-dl, i.e. the tarball is saved with underscore replaced with hyphen.

The underscore is actually not replaced, whatever you're using to
download the file honours Content-Disposition header which tells what
filename to use when saving a file.  In this case it's
youtube-dl-2017.06.25.tar.gz

You can inspect that yourself by invoking the following:

curl -sIL https://github.com/rg3/youtube-dl/archive/2017.06.25/youtube_dl-2017.06.25.tar.gz | grep ^Content-Disposition

For download URL to work the same way regardless of Content-Disposition,
the last component of URL should use hyphen instead of underscore.  In
other words, your patch is correct fix.

> As a side note, when the tarball is saved:
> - Firefox replaces the underscore _ with hyphen - ,
> - wget keeps whatever it was invoked with,
> - slackrepo behaves like Firefox.

It seems that the way GitHub handles download URLs still confuses
people, though I can't blame them, it really isn't obvious at first.
I'd recommend to read this really good explanation by David Spencer:
https://lists.slackbuilds.org/pipermail/slackbuilds-users/2017-February/018447.html

--
Audrius Kažukauskas