[Slackbuilds-users] Qt 5.9 LTS released

Harald Achitz harald.achitz at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 16:35:36 UTC 2017

Thanks for the info Andrzej
unfortunately I am not optimistic that soon for Qt, sbo will run a sane
version politic,
The current maintainer showed more or less that he/she does not care to
much and/or does not understand why a LTS version strategy is the right
thing for a distribution like Slackware.
So sbo has always some version of Qt onboard, and the do it yourself
approach is required.
This is of course my personal opinion that reflects, or not, the reality ;-)
I will update my 5.6.2 build to 5.9 on the weekend, thanks for mentioning
the pcre2 note!

/Harald