[Slackbuilds-users] Qt 5.9 LTS released

Willy Sudiarto Raharjo willysr at slackbuilds.org
Thu Jun 1 17:31:39 UTC 2017

> Thanks for the info Andrzej
> unfortunately I am not optimistic that soon for Qt, sbo will run a sane
> version politic,
> The current maintainer showed more or less that he/she does not care to
> much and/or does not understand why a LTS version strategy is the right
> thing for a distribution like Slackware.
> So sbo has always some version of Qt onboard, and the do it yourself
> approach is required.
> This is of course my personal opinion that reflects, or not, the reality ;-)
> I will update my 5.6.2 build to 5.9 on the weekend, thanks for mentioning
> the pcre2 note!

That will have to be decided by qt5 maintainer (Larry)
My suggestion (suppose we bump to 5.9) is to place them on -review
branch first and see if other scripts are working fine with it. If it
turns out to be OK, we can then merge it into master and 14.2.

based on rough count, we have more than 60 other scripts depending on
qt5 for hard dep and probably more with optional dep. That will take
some time to test.

--
Willy Sudiarto Raharjo