[Slackbuilds-users] question about libjvm.so symlinks

Sebastien BALLET slacker6896 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 16:03:46 UTC 2017

Hello,

I know why this symlink is in place. However, there's no documentation
which
specifies this symlink is a *requirement*. There's no serious softwares
which requires
it, and there's no other linux distribution which has a jdk with that
symlink.

Therefore, there's no reason to have this symlink installed by default. It
would be better
and cleaner to add a note about the possible need for this link, or, to add
the line below
in openjdk.sh / jdk.sh (and to update openjdk.csh / jdk.csh the same way) :

  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/$LIB_
ARCH/server/libjvm.so"

--
SeB