[Slackbuilds-users] Upgrading python3-3.5 to python3-3.6

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Mar 3 18:30:42 UTC 2017

On Fri, 3 Mar 2017, Matteo Bernardini wrote:

> have you rebuilt all of yours python3-* (including python3-PyQt5 and
> python3-sip) packages after upgrading to the new python3?

Matteo,

   When I tried to re-build python3-PyQt5 the configuration failed:

configure.py: error: '/usr/include/python3.6' is not a directory

so I looked in /usr/include. I found a bunch of directories:

python2.7/
python3.3m/
python3.5/
python3.6m/

   Since 2.7 and 3.3m are old I can remove them. But, why is the directory
python3.6m/ rather than python3.6/? Do I rebuild and re-install python3-3.6
to fix this?

Thanks,

Rich