[Slackbuilds-users] Upgrading python3-3.5 to python3-3.6

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 20:01:07 UTC 2017

> On Fri, 3 Mar 2017, Matteo Bernardini wrote:
>
>> have you rebuilt all of yours python3-* (including python3-PyQt5 and
>> python3-sip) packages after upgrading to the new python3?
>

> Matteo,
>
>   When I tried to re-build python3-PyQt5 the configuration failed:
>
> configure.py: error: '/usr/include/python3.6' is not a directory
>
> so I looked in /usr/include. I found a bunch of directories:
>
> python2.7/
> python3.3m/
> python3.5/
> python3.6m/
>
>   Since 2.7 and 3.3m are old I can remove them. But, why is the directory
> python3.6m/ rather than python3.6/? Do I rebuild and re-install python3-3.6
> to fix this?

you shouldn't remove /usr/include/python-2.7 as it cointains file
belonging to Slackware's stock python, that you should leave installed
(as other packages in the system depends on it).
/usr/include/python3.3m and /usr/include/python3.5 are probably
leftovers of old versions of python3 installed in your system: you
could have a look into them to have a hint on whatever needs to be
rebuilt.
/usr/include/python3.6m containes pyhton-3.6.0 headers and should be
fine where it is.

your issue is because you are trying to rebuild python3-PyQt5 before
having rebuilt also its dependency python3-sip: this last will install
a file /usr/include/python3.6/sip.h that is exactly what the
python3-PyQt5 build system is looking for.

Matteo