[Slackbuilds-users] gdal SlackBuild fails

Matteo Bernardini matteo.bernardini at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 11:15:29 UTC 2017

>> > gdal already has 'make -j1' hard-coded, because it definitely fails
>> > with multiple parallel make jobs.
>> >
>> > For some reason that I don't understand, on Duncan's system gcc is
>> > being invoked through libtool.
>> > The compilation explicitly has '-o
>> > build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.7/extensions/.libs/gdal_wrap.o', but that
>> > file does not exist at the time the next command 'g++ -pthread -shared
>> > build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.7/extensions/gdal_wrap.o' is invoked.
>> >
>> > So this really does look like a multiple parallel make jobs failure.
>> > Duncan, for avoidance of doubt you haven't removed -j1 or overridden it somehow?
>> > Are you on -current?
>> > Do you have CC and/or CXX defined in the environment?
>> > could you put your config.log on pastebin or somewhere similar?
>> >
>> Hi David,
>>
>> On 14.2 unpatched
>>
>> env has CC=gcc
>>
>> Paste is http://pastebin.com/v4gXJbDr
>>
> And, I did not override -j1. This pocessor does have 2 cores though.

Duncan, sorry, before anyone else asks: the paste above looks done
from your unprivilege used environment.
it could be there are no differences but maybe it's better if you post
the one you got from running the SlackBuild (you can take it directly
from the /tm/SBo/gdal-* directory) from the root environment (in which
you get by running "su -l" from your user shell).

Matteo