[Slackbuilds-users] The Trouble with Triblers

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 20:45:04 UTC 2017

Does anyone here use network/tribler?

I've been trying to update the build for the latest version, but having
Python problems. I don't actually use tribler (in fact I think it's a
terrible application), but if someone here does use it and wants to
take over, that would be better than just removing it from the repo
(just because I hate it doesn't mean other people have to).

I've got an almost-working script for tribler 6.5.2. The problem is, it
can't load one of its own modules, and it's ignoring the module search
path (even though all its other modules are loaded correctly). If anyone
takes over maintenance, I'll send you what I've got along with my notes,
and hopefully that'll give you a head start.

What's needed here is a python expert, and that definitely isn't me.