[Slackbuilds-users] Where/how to upload sources?

Daniel Prosser dpross1100 at msn.com
Fri Mar 17 01:45:08 UTC 2017

SBo community,

I am taking over kde-gtk-config from Ryan P. McQuen. This project does
not have a place to download release tarballs as far as I can tell, only
a public git repository:

https://cgit.kde.org/kde-gtk-config.git

I have cloned the repository, checked out the latest commit for KDE
4 (version 2.2 of kde-gtk-config), removed the git files, and tarred it
up. Now I'm wondering where to host it. I see that the current version
on SBo is kept on Sourceforge:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/slackbuildsdirectlinks/files/kde-gtk-config/kde-gtk-config-2.2.1.tar.xz

(Note that the last commit for version 2.2 is newer than the 2.2.1
version SBo currently has, but the git repo no longer seems to have any
patch number tags for the 2.2 branch.) My question is, should the
updated source tarball be uploaded to the same Sourceforge page, and how
can I transfer it to an admin to do so?

Thanks,
Dan