[Slackbuilds-users] Tracking version releases

Christoph Willing chris.willing at iinet.net.au
Fri May 12 06:13:37 UTC 2017

On 12/05/17 15:23, Jeremy Hansen wrote:
> I don't have any immediate thoughts on what else to support, but maybe
> you could set up something like plowshare​ does in regards to "modules".
> You have the main program that has all the binaries, then you have
> modules for all the various sites that you support. Plowshare has them
> all as separate files that are stored in a directory (either globally or
> per user). This could allow others to more easily add new sites.

That's almost the way I'm doing it - a single module file per site, each
"absorbed" by the core at runtime. Any supplied modules would be global
but user supplied modules could be supported by having the core search
for more modules in some standard location (like ~/.local/share/pvc or
whatever). Good idea!

Thanks,
chris