[Slackbuilds-users] Email rejected during submission

Rob McGee rob0 at slackbuilds.org
Sat Nov 4 20:14:26 UTC 2017

On Thu, Nov 02, 2017 at 09:42:50AM +0100, Franzen wrote:
> On 01.11.2017 05:27, Daniel Prosser wrote:
> > Anyone? I see Jorge Giner Cordero had the exact same problem on
> > October 1, but no one posted a solution. Actually, one person
> > posted a suggestion to use (applying it to my case) "dpross1100
> > at msn.com," but that doesn't work.
>
> I assume it's about greylisting, especially because hotmail has
> many mx-records it may take several tries, depending on their
> setup. You may ask hotmail to whitelist the slackbuilds.org mta,

Actually no, the Slackbuilds.org MTA has no trouble delivering mail
to Microsoft addresses.  There are several here on the users' list.

The address verification probes are done on the SBo web server, not
on the mail server.

> but i got several bad experiences in the last few years with
> hotmail and their unpredictable mail handling/policy changes,
> spamhandling leading to disappead mails which accepted in first
> place with 250, broken html-Mails by the webfrontend etc.
>
> I doubt hotmail will help you, and if, it is likely it will be
> broken again some month later.

Actually no again.  Right now it seems that Microsoft is among the
most responsive in the industry.  I would not hesitate to ask them
for help, but unfortunately I have nothing to go on.

We would need to have logs of these delivery attempts along with
exact rejection messages received.  What gets to the submitter's
browser is inadequate for troubleshooting.
    Rob McGee - /dev/rob0 - rob0 at slackbuilds.org