[Slackbuilds-users] compilation order for ring-daemon dependencies

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Thu Oct 5 08:48:45 UTC 2017

Hello,

Le 05/10/2017 à 10:09, todortakov at gmail.com a écrit :
> I am running slackware-current with Eric's multilib packages and Ktown Plasma5
> and I want to compile ring-daemon dependencies (speex, gsm, and pjproject-ring
> among others).Ffmpeg is as is supplied by slackware-current.

Neither slackware-current nor multilib are supprted @ SBo, if I remember well.

That's not to say nobody will help you, but be prepared to encounter
additional hurdles and be on your own to jump them.

> There is a package installed - speexdsp-1.2rc3-x86_64-1.
> Do I have to compile speex package from Slackbuilds as well, or speexdsp and
> speex are the same thing?

I assume that they are different beasts as the general policy @ SBo is to not
ship SlackBuilds for packages already shipped on Slackware.

You could compare the source archives to check.

> Then - if I compile speex and gsm, do I have to recompile ffmpeg, in order for
> it to pick them up?
> And finally, when do I compile the pjproject-ring package (after compiling
> speex,gsm and ffmpeg, or it can be compiled independently)?

Generally speaking you should draw the dependencies tree reading the
READMEs. In this specific case it seems that that all deps can be
built independently (including deps of deps), but again this could
differ with Slackware-current.

The README mentions no deps for pproject-ring, so I would assume
that it can be compiled independently.

Whether you have to recompile ffmpeg could depend on the options
used in Slackware-current, of which I have no idea.

Good luck.

Didier