[Slackbuilds-users] webkit2gtk build problems

Jason Graham jgraha8 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 21:49:53 UTC 2017

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 12:20 PM, Habs <gen-bch at useyouresp.org.uk> wrote:

> Ive started the build off again after clearing it out.
> As I said, I'm simple minded ;-)  so please forgive me, but it puzzles
> me that the error message is related to space - is that disk resource
> and,or ram resources  ...and more over, why would the previous version
> build fine on the exact same machine _without issue_ but not this
> updated version...what is it doing different I wonder (all said
> rhetorically speaking).

The missing header file issue between the two -j values is indeed a bit
baffling (if it were happening with anything other than -j1 that would seem
to make more sense).

With regard to the resource requirements for the build, passing
-DCMAKE_VERBOSE_MAKEFILE=1 will show how involved building this package is.
There are at least 100 different include directories used during
compilation of each file so header files are scattered all throughout the
source tree. I'd say a similar number of object files for each library it
creates during linking which seem to be the most demanding with regard to
memory.

Best,
Jason