[Slackbuilds-users] webkit2gtk build problems

B Watson yalhcru at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 14:08:53 UTC 2017

On 9/20/17, Matteo Bernardini <matteo.bernardini at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think webkit2gtk README should not be updated with the adding more swap
>> space tip.
>
> it has been just a suggestion and in Willy's case it has been useful,
> but I agree that it's something that maybe would fit better between
> the FAQs (as it applies to multiple SlackBuilds).

Why can't it be mentioned in both places, the README as specific advice
for someone about to build webkit2gtk, and the FAQ as general advice
for multiple builds?

The issue here seems to be that it takes several hours for the build
to fail, and it took all the people on this thread several days to 100%
diagnose the problem. That represents enough computer cycles and human
labour that it's worth passing on to the next guy who might need to know
it. An extra sentence in a README costs nothing, and might save someone
some time and headache.